Friday, April 24, 2009

My 31st birthday!

Well I have to say I had a wonderful 31st birthday! It is amazing to me how times have changed and how I choose to spend my birthday these days in comparison to how I used to spend them, not too many years ago. Mainly, I just want some "me" time. A day where I feel no guilt about doing something simply that I enjoy. For instance, I had breakfast by myself, while trivial to some this for me was the start of a great day. I rarely get a chance to eat slow :) without someone tugging on me or asking for more of this or that. My food was actually hot- this was fabulous. I am sure you other moms out there understand where I am coming from with this one. Second, I went to the spa, this was nice just sitting and relaxing- someone else doing all the work. Third, I had a day date with Norris, which was so nice because he took a half day just to spend with me and we went out for an early dinner/late lunch while the kids were still at school. He then planned a movie outing, getting the babysitter and everything. This was impressive. He never seizes to amaze me, but when he goes the extra mile like this it really makes me fall deeper for him. He also got me a baskin robbins ice cream cake which I absolutely love. Overall, it was a fabulous day and at the end I realized that while I do need my me time every now and then to recharge my battery, I love love love spending time with my family and this was a great way to end the evening, at home with everyone tucked safely in their beds. Thanks God for all your blessings for 31 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment