Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Day Out




It's been about ten days, but now I'm back. So we are still on the Christmas break and enjoying every bit of it! Yesterday Jalen (our oldest),Renita, and myself went to have lunch at Babins. It was Jalen's first time; however, Renita and I frequent there on many occasions. I wish I could tell you how good their entrees are, but I can't. The reason is because my wife and I have yet to order anything past the WILD ATCHAFALAYA BLACKENED CATFISH Topped with lemon butter sauce and crawfish served over dirty rice with a fabulous Greek salad on the side.It is possibly the best complete meal I have ever had outside of my baby's ground turkey cheese enchiladas, and her savory moist broiled salmon marinated in a light Italian dressing topped with Italian bread crumbs...ummmmm ummmmm good! She usually serves that with some fresh sauteed perfectly seasoned green beans and rice pilaf. Okay, I got off on a tangent, but nevertheless the food at Babins is delicious. I tried to talk Jalen into getting the crawfish cheese enchiladas, so I could get a taste of something different, but he ordered something safe...fried butterfly shrimp. We enjoyed our meals, and everyone was full as tics. It's always good to sit down and feast with family. Afterwards we went to the mall in search of somebody named Ed Hardy. Oh we found him, but we left him right there where he was. Sorry Jalen, but the prerequisite for Mr. Hardy is at least part-time employment. I was able to get him a couple of jeans not named Ed Hardy prior to leaving the mall. See you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment