Monday, January 5, 2009

Jackson's first day of pre-school


The new year is here and today is a day everyone is back to work and school. Jackson started his first day of preschool today (basically he moved from the 2yr old class to the 3yr old class-his birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks). When he got to school he walked in his new class very slowly and suspecting, but there were others from his class that had also moved up, so he warmed up quickly. This is a big deal for me because I really really messed up in trying to teach him his letters and sounds, as I got a little frustrated with him and he sensed that doing letters with mommy wasn't fun and now he will not go over letters with me anymore :(. I am so sad about this but I quickly learned my lesson. It is just that I am so concerned about him being prepared when he starts school and I just want the best for him academically, so I tend to get "overly" anxious. So in his new class they will be spending more time on letters and sounds, thank God. I have just decided to move on to numbers :) I will keep you posted on his progress.

Renita

1 comment:

  1. Hey Renita and Norris...this is a wonderful idea!! I will drop in from time to time. Happy New Year! ~leslie

    ReplyDelete